What to Put On

<<

judith

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 pm

What to Put On

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is a place to put on any cd or dvd & what its like etc that might be of interest to others. So ladies & gents start doing it to give ideas.

Musical hugs,

Judith
<<

judith

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Re: What to Put On

The cd is out called "The Soldiers...Letters Home" which supports HELP FOR HEROES

On November 29th 2010 a DVD will be available of those soldiers live in concert performing tracks from their hit album "Coming Home"
What brilliant voices they have. A must to get. At least i think so. :D

Judith
<<

judith

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:57 pm

Often its very hard to relax or unwind so i suggest you get a 10 CD set. "Tranquillity". it is 200 instrumental tracks to relax the mind, body & soul. I just got it & it truly is gently comforting to listen to.
Its so good that i had to tell you about it. Go to http://www.goodmusic.co.uk & click easy listening. You can also get it from http://www.amazon.co.uk

Judith xx

Do you have any music suggestions? It seems i am the only one putting ideas on here. :?
<<

xxDonnaxx

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:53 pm

I have just heard this song and i think its fab, release date is 13th dec,, please take a look here is the youtube link for it, its from xander rawlins, and its called 1000 miles apart ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMW7S5XZOIs
<<

rachelw

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:20 pm

by pen farthing - 'one dog at a time' and 'no place like home'

one dog at a time - In a remote outpost of Now Zad, in Helmand Province, Pen Farthing and his troup of young Royal Marines survive frequent engagements with the Taliban and forge links with the local community. Pen's tour of duty will change his life forever, but for entirely unexpected reasons ...Appalled by the horrors of a local dog fight, he intervenes to free the victims. One of these dogs finds his way into the Marine compound - and into Pen's heart. Soon other strays are being drawn to the santuary provided by Pen's makeshift pound, including one young mum who crawls under the compound fence carrying her newborn pups to safety. But as his tour of duty draws to an end, Pen cannot leave the dogs of Now Zad to their own fates. he begins hatching plans to help them escape to a better life. This is Pen's gripping account of his time in Now Zad, the friends he made there and the remarkable journey they - and he - undertook. Above all, it is the story of one man's courage and humanity and his fight to make a difference in the most hostile and dangerous environment - one dog at a time.

No place like home - When Pen Farthing brought two dogs home from his tour of Afghanistan, little did he know what he had begun. Twelve months later, he has left the Marines, after 20 years service, to run his charity full time. But he barely has a chance to miss life in action, as he is inundated with requests from marines and soldiers to give more rescued dogs the chance of a new life in the West. Whether it’s little Helmand, Fubar or Beardog – or the unruly litter known as the Char Badmashis or Four Hooligans – Pen does his upmost to give these dogs the chance they deserve. It is a frustrating and sometimes dangerous process, and while some dogs make it out to safety, others, tragically, do not. But a look out the window to see his own Afghan hounds, Now Zad and Tali, with bright eyes and glossy coats tells him it’s all worthwhile. Like his Sunday Times bestseller One Dog at a Time, No Place Like Home is the story of one man’s courage and persistence in the face of often insurmountable odds. It will warm – and break – the hearts of dog lovers everywhere.
<<

rachelw

Post Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:27 pm

<<

Pemoaeroppy

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Wowsers!

I registered to this forum solely to comment on this post, and I would like to say thank you for making it. It might not make sense to you, but it does to me, and I felt I needed to leave a comment.

Return to DVDs & CDs