Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:41 pm

I found this on net by VSC

As you can imagine i was chuffed to bits to stumble across this Whooooooo!!!!! What a trip eh. Lucky me. Lucky site to be written of so well. So it seems it was last July but new to me.

Advertised by VSC which is a lovely place where our troops can stay or take a break at reasonable prices. Go have a nose.
VSC = Victory Service Club you can look it up on "discounts" section tells you all about what it is.

Big hugs Judith xx

New website for Forces Families which has now received support from Dame Vera Lynn

Media: Forces Chatter
Date: Jul 2010

Dame Vera Lynn has given her blessing to a unique website to support forces families.

A message from wartime singing sensation Vera is now proudly displayed on the home page of http://www.forceschatter.co.uk

The Forces Chatter site offers a wealth of information for parents, partners and friends of the British armed forces. The aim is to help them cope with having loved ones serving abroad in Afghanistan, Iraq or elsewhere. And Dame Vera has given her wholehearted approval, saying: "What a good idea this website is and an opportunity for people to express their feelings and also problems, and to know someone is sharing these times with them. I know it helps enormously."
Judith Bray who created the site, was thrilled to get the endorsement from the wartime singing sensation, and is now trying to spread news of Forces Chatter to families across the country.

Judith has received high praise for her two previous books for forces families and was moved to create the website as a free resource for people experiencing the emotional rollercoaster of loneliness, worry and stress of being left behind when loved ones in uniform are overseas on active duty.

She says: "I know how hard it can be, and I just hope this helps others to cope. There's a lot of support out there and Forces Chatter is aimed at creating the links which could make a difference. It's been a labour of love and it's a real thrill to have Dame Vera lend her support."

The site is crammed with practical information and advice, inspired by Judith's own experience of having loved ones abroad in war zones - her daughter and son have both done tours of duty while she and husband Den waited at home wondering and fretting.

An easy-to-use chat room allows users to share their experiences, along with a forum for ongoing debates, and there are plenty of links to other sources of support for specific problems. Mums and dads mystified by army life will welcome the jargon buster and guides to forces slang and anyone wondering how to keep soldier, airman or sailor's spirits up will welcome the thoughtful and intelligent guides to gifts and communications.

The whole site is written in a friendly and accessible style, and easy to navigate around. It's a place to turn to for ideas, inspiration and guidance whether you're a novice forces spouse or a seasoned survivor.

For further information, please contact Judith Bray : email mumbray@hotmail.com