Son at Catterick

<<

katier5

Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm

Son at Catterick

Hi All,

I just wanted to say hi to you all and to tell you a brief bit about my life. Yesterday we dropped my 18 year old son at Helles Barracks at Catterick Garrison to start his new career as a Coldstream Guard, as im sure you can imagine it was a very emotional day for us all. He has dreamed of being a soldier since he was a little boy and we went to see his step dad on guard in London (grenadier guards). Unfortunately we have now seperated (have one younger son together) but have remained the best of friends and he has been a great support to me during the lead up to my eldest son's departure yesterday. Well anyway thats where i am at today so i now have one son in the Army and one younger son dealing with his Dad being in the Army and away on tours etc. Please feel free to stop by and say hi as it would be nice to chat to others in a similar situation.

Thanks

Katie x
<<

judith

Site Admin

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 am

Re: Son at Catterick

Hi Katie,

Welcome to here. I know exactly how you felt when you dropped your son off because i went through the same emotions when my son & daughter joined up even if it was many years ago. A time you never forget. I am sure you feel such a proud Mum knowing your son has become independent & blossoming into his new lifestyle & career. :D :D :D He may no longer be living with you but you will always be "close" with the love that binds you whether near or far. If you want to chat dont hesitate to drop into the very friendly chatroom here. I hope you pop in soon.
Keep smiling as you have so much to smile about.

Big hugs,

Judith xx

Return to Forces Chatter