week 3 is pants

<<

kazzy_b

Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:47 pm

week 3 is pants

Hi all,

Just entering week 3 (only week 3 sob :( ) of my first deployment. The first two weeks were realtively easy. I was acting like he was on exercise and soon, i.e. this week, i could be planning what to do on his return at the end of the week. Now my heart has realised he is not back at the end of this week, or next week. In fact we don't know when he will be back. :( We don't know when we will get to talk to him on the phone. I miss his voice and his physical presence and while i have been keeping busy and giving myself challenges, after the last one (running 10K in under an hour) i just wanted to wrap my arms around him and tell him i succeeded. Instead it was a fb message not read for hours (and i know i am lucky it is only hours) Looking forward to getting R&R info soon i hope because then it gives me something other than January to count down too. January is frankly to far away (190 odd days!) for the reduction in number to make me feel better at the moment.

Just a mini moan really. Sure it will get better and soon i will look back and realise a significant chunk of time has gone but right now it feels like its taken forever to reach just week 3 and there are many more left.
<<

judith

Site Admin

Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: week 3 is pants

:lol: Hi Kazzy,

big hugs cos you are obviously on one of the many down times but hun you have got this far so pat yourself on the back. :D Be proud of yourself. You probably wont get to know when hes due back till he has been out there approx 6 weeks & often the date can change several times but at least it will be a date to focus on. ;) You know he will call you when he can & he will be feeling as mizzy as you are & frustrated he can't get to a phone.All depends on where he is or how busy he is so chin up & think lovely positive thoughts (easy to say but not to do :( ) Pop in for a chat if you get the time.

Wow you sound very fit. I bet you are getting a nice tan being out in the sunshine we are having.

Chat later as i have some good news about getting a new kitchen.Will cost an arm & a leg but hey whats money for but to save & then spend on something special. :D

More big hugs,

Judith xx
<<

kazzy_b

Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks Judith. I will stop by the chat room Wednesday evening as luckily i have some things to keep my mind off the fact he is not around including puppy training and catching up with an old work colleage last night. Looking forward to hearing about the new kitchen! :)
<<

Manda

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 am

Hi Kazzy,

A massive welcome from me :)

We all know how you are feeling here! This is a great site, it's the best site I have found - Judith is just SO supportive and there whenever you need her plus she has advice for everything.. and I mean everything!
While your OH is away you will find yourself all over the place, some days you will feel really happy and others extremely low and lots of friends wont understand but trust me its normal to feel like that ( as it says on here 'Welcome to the emotional rollercoaster'. It is my first deployment too so at first everything was so daunting and I had no idea about anything but Judith has been a star - plus she makes me giggle when I feel down. :lol:

The site has every bit of information you need - information on feelings, doubts, what to send and what not to send in care packages, how to send them and all about e-blueys and blueys.
Make sure you read it all - I think I know it off by heart now!

All you seem to hear from friends is 'you will be fine it will go fast' and you sit there thinking - you don't get it!!!

Bring yourself along to the Chat room it's great, I try to be on there every night that I am available. Plus Judith and I are dirty stops up so if you can't sleep - here we are!

Just think you have already got through three weeks that is more than a lot of people could do, and I know it doesn't seem much but every day you get through is a day closer to being in his arms and we are all very honest here, I will not tell you that it will be better after 3 weeks (because lets face it its not nice having your OH away) but it certainly gets easier because your weeks start to fly by.

Try to keep yourself busy, I see my friends and I am a member at a gym so I am usually there tiring myself out and at the weekends I spend time with my mum. If you are watching the clock it makes time drag!

I hope this makes sense I do blabber on a bit - okay a lot!

Still I will be quiet now - hopefully speak to you tomorrow.

Manda xx
<<

kazzy_b

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks Manda. I am certainly keeping as busy as possible with most weekends packed full of fun things to do with friends and family. It certainly is all i seem to hear from them and you are so right that while i know it will go by quickly it doesn't stop you wanting them right there by your side at the moment, or missing them terribly. I think as soon as i get one month down i will think i have reached a milestone and start to feel better about getting through things. Last week just felt rubbish because i was missing him terribly and yet no time at all had passed, or in my head it hadn't compared to what we had left to face.

I will certainly get in the chat room next week. in my attempt to not clock watch i have inadvertently made myself busy every evening. Given how shattered i feel now i know this is a bad idea and plan some down time too. If only to give myself a chance to write eblueys and in my blog!

How many weeks have you done? x
<<

Manda

Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Hi Kazzy,

It is lovely to hear from you.
It is good that you are keeping busy just try not to tire yourself out too much.
Just remember we are here to help - and when you have a crap day (which you will have many of) Judith is ALWAYS here to help. I've sat here crying my eyes out before and she has been there to put a smile back on my face, reassuring me about every doubt I have had.

I know it is hard but try not to think about how many weeks you have to go, just be so proud of how far you have already come. And look - it is almost the end of another week! So congrats :).
eblueys are great and they don't take all that long to get there - do you have his details yet? If so get posting! He will love them I know my partner does and it is just something to put a smile on their face.

You will become (if you haven't already) crazily attached to your phone. Yep I take mine to the loo, to the shower, to bed - everywhere! Because you never know when they might phone.

Feel free to pop down to the chat room when you have some spair time :)

17 - 18 the end of this week.

Manda xxx

Return to Forces Chatter